So what is Samsung Pay?
Samsung gives you a mode of payment that you can use simply and safely. It is accepted at retailers and locations that support MST and NFC. When you use it, you only need your Samsung phone and make a swipe up gesture from the home button. After that, authorization and verification will pop up to your screen. Lastly, just hold your phone against the card reader..
Before you can use it, you have to make sure you have the following:
- Compatible Samsung phone
- Registered biometrics or Samsung Pay PIN
- Supported debit card, credit card, or gift card.
How to Use Samsung Pay
- Look for Samsung Pay application on your Samsung smartphone and open the app.
- Choose a verification method to prevent unwanted payments. Newer Samsung smartphones support fingerprints, PIN, and irises.Use the verification method that provides higher security. Input a secured PIN for payments and make sure that your payment PIN is different from the device unlock PIN.
- Add credit cards and debit cards to secure payments. You can enter the card manually, or you can use the viewfinder to automatically detect the card number. Right after adding the card, you will receive an email or text message for verification.
- Sign the card. Congratulations! You have successfully added a card.
- When you are at a store and about to purchase, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. The default credit card or debit card will immediately show up on the phone screen. If you set up multiple cards, simply swipe left or right to switch cards.
- After that, you have to verify the payment with the PIN or saved bio-metrics. The payment method will show up right after you have verified.
- Hold your phone near the payment terminal. If it is a debit terminal, tap the phone near the magnetic stripe. However, if it is a tap-and-go terminal, you can just tap your phone.
Samsung Pay on SmartWatches
Setup Samsung Pay by pressing and holding the Back key to launch Samsung Pay. Scroll through the information screen of Samsung Pay by swiping left. Touch the arrow shown to begin setting up. Sign in your Samsung account, and then launch Samsung Pay on your device to add cards and complete the setup.
- Open your Samsung device. Launch the Galaxy Wearable app and select . By then, you can touch add to add debit or credit card. Repeat step 3.
Frequently Asked Questions of Samsung Pay
What is the difference between Google Pay and Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay is only available for Samsung devices. Meanwhile, Google Pay is available for most Android devices including Samsung smartphones. These are handy mobile wallets. However, there are subtle differences between the two. Thus, c.
Is Samsung Pay safe?
Yes, we are certain that Samsung Pay is safe to use. Every transaction, account details, and payment information are secured and not stored or shared with merchants.
Can Samsung Pay be hacked?
It is extremely unlikely for hackers to get into your Samsung Pay. To prevent it from happening, Samsung Pay converts your account details into a “token” to ensure that your details will not be stolen during the transaction process.
Can Samsung Pay be used overseas?
If you can use your debit or credit card overseas then it is likely that you can use Samsung Pay abroad. Just make sure that the store has NFC or MST terminals for you to swipe, tap and pay.
Do you need an Internet for Samsung Pay?
You need an Internet connection when you are about to add or remove a card and download a transaction history. However, if you are about to purchase something using Samsung Pay, an active Internet connection is not required.